Peakto as a substitute for some other DAM (feature request)
Hello Matthieu and team!
What is this about?
Make Peakto the place of truth and overcome third party catalogues/libraries by replacing them with a full blown native Peakto catalogue.
As a user of some other DAM system I want to migrate completely to Peakto, so I would like that
- Peakto could translate the collections, albums, smart albums, projects and folders from a third party catalog/library into Peakto’s own (smart) albums and folders - in the 'Albums' section in the sidebar instead of an immutable outline of the old DAM’s structure in the structure panel.
- Peakto could display the images referenced in the third party catalog/library as source folders and files in the sources panel.
- Peakto could relink to the originals, when files need to be moved to another storage location (That's already in https://trello.com/c/TqavzloD/51-relocate-libraries-and-support-a-variety-of-relink-scenarios-when-images-are-moved-catalogs-are-moved)
- Peakto would not need to update from or sync back to the legacy library. This is maybe partly a feature request for Avalanche and partly one for Peakto.
Who wants this?
- Somebody who has Aperture, iViewMedia Libraries/Catalogs and would like to continue working on the original structure instead of manually replicating the structure with Peakto's albums and folders.
- Somebody who really wants to leave some other DAM behind.
- Somebody who wants to put his money in a DAM with Mac-first user experience instead of Windows-first Mac-second.