We are happy to announce the latest release of Peakto: v1.0.6
It is available from inside the app, using the Peakto > Check for Updates... menu
In this release we focused on performances inside the app:
- we significantly improved the memory footprint.
- we significantly performance while using the app on large volumes.
- we improved some more ingestion for all catalog types.
The detailed list of changes is given below:
- [NEW] : Added support for Capture One sessions.
- [NEW] : Albums have now a size indicator in the sidebar.
- [NEW] : Ability to sort the grid based on the file name.
- [NEW] : Ability to search content based on file type (extension).
- [NEW] : The sidebar can have the focus and supports Keyboard navigation.
- [NEW] : Ability to prevent Peakto from going to sleep when ingesting or running some background tasks.
- [NEW] : Exporting of selected representations or instants is possible without creating an album for it.
- [NEW] : Menu bar item to export an album.
- [IMPROVED] : much better handling of large volumes of data (>200k images).
- [IMPROVED] : Faster startup time.
- [IMPROVED] : Faster grid rendering.
- [IMPROVED] : Faster panorama rendering.
- [IMPROVED] : Faster context switching between grid and panorama.
- [IMPROVED] : Peakto will switch much faster in the background or the background causing much less beachball appearance.
- [IMPROVED] : Performance improvements across the board when navigating inside the app.
- [IMPROVED] : Improved menu labeling.
- [IMPROVED] : Reduced memory footprint.
- [FIXED] : The status of the app (window size, split view sizes) is now properly remembered between launches.
- [FIXED] : The status of sidebar nodes is now remembered and they don't change during drag and drop operations.
- [FIXED] : A situation could arise when Peakto could be blocked when running lots of tasks at once.
- [FIXED] : Ghost images when dropping content in albums are gone.
- [FIXED] : The last album in the list can now be renamed.
- [FIXED] : When doing a Smart Re-ingest of a source, the structure could be duplicated.
- [FIXED] : The grid did not properly take the focus the first time.
- [FIXED] : We fixed a potential crash 💣 when ingesting many sources at the same time.
- [FIXED] : We fixed a number of reported crash 💣 situations.
- [FIXED] : We fixed many smaller usability bugs.
- [FIXED] : We improved localisation.
What is coming next?
- new sorting capabilities
- a smaller app with ressources downloaded on demand
- better support for incremental updates.
- smart albums.
Known issues that will get fixed asap
- sometimes the activity monitor get displayed without the user asking for it
- some iViewMedia catalogs are not properly recognized
- some CaptureOne catalogs do not display all images.
- Some update events in underlying catalogs can be missed. We will improve this greatly in the next update.
- Some PhaseOne MediaPro catalogs cannot be opened. We are working on it.
Main features being worked on
- smart albums and improvements to search
- maps and annotation