We are happy to announce the latest release of Peakto: v1.3. We put a lot of work and ❤️ into making this a great release from many points of view
It is available from inside the app, using the Peakto > Check for Updates... menu
In this release we focused on UI, AI and performances inside the app:
- we significantly improved the workflows inside the UI through a clearer separation of search/filter/navigation panels.
- we significantly improved performance while using the app on large volumes.
- we added new AI capabilities while also improving the display of scores and color harmonies.
- we improved some more ingestion for all catalog types, and solved several issues with Capture One.
The detailed list of changes is given below:
- [NEW] : UI. We have completely reorganized the UI to make it easier and logical:
- there is a new filter button next to the search field that controls the showing and hiding of the filter bar.
- there are new items in that filter bar that makes it very easy to access structure | faces | keywords | dates.
- the zoom and Instants/Representation toggle has been moved to the status bar.
- we removed the header of the views to better legibility
- [NEW] : New AI section in the inspector that regroups all AI scores. Updated look and feel for the various score indicators.
- [NEW] : New layout for Panorama where the buttons form a sticky header and there are less jumps when scrolling.
- [NEW] : New Harmony visualizer.
- [NEW] : New contextual popup to see the AI scores in the grid.
- [NEW] : New classifiers for Documents, Memes and Drawings.
- [NEW] : New features detections (Blur, Bad White Balance, Haze).
- [NEW] : New sorting criterias in the view: sort by instant size, sort by scores.
- [IMPROVED] : Vaslty improved search and exploration speed in the case of very large collections.
- [IMPROVED] : Faster file parser when dealing with Finder folders.
- [IMPROVED] : Better compatibility with C1, including C1 v23.
- [IMPROVED] : We improved the counting of representations and instants, and reworked the display.
- [IMPROVED] : We improved the ingestion speed of C1 catalogs.
- [FIXED] : We fixed some queries that would never work in the Smart Albums.
- [FIXED] : We fixed the disappearing of the scrollbar.
- [FIXED] : We fixed an important issue with APFS drives formatted on Catalina or Monterrey where the images would appear offline.
- [FIXED] : We fixed an important issue with Capture one catalogs where
- [FIXED] : some catalogs would be ingested partially
- [FIXED] : some images would appear offline despite the fact that they were online
- [FIXED] : some folders would be wrongly referenced in the database
- [FIXED] : We improved localisation.
What is coming next?
- better support for incremental updates.
- support for Lightroom CC
- some surprises
Known issues that will get fixed asap
- sometimes the activity monitor get displayed without the user asking for it
- some iViewMedia catalogs are not properly recognized
- Some update events in underlying catalogs can be missed. We will improve this greatly in the next update.
- Some PhaseOne MediaPro catalogs cannot be opened. We are working on it.
Main features being worked on
- annotations !!!!
- performances, especially when dealing with file system